Thursday, January 18, 2007

things worse than work

most my friends know how i feel about my job and the stress of my 11/12 hour days and handle me with kid-gloves if we happen to encounter later in the night.
i can admit that i can be real 'short' and even a prick at times especially on those eves.
though tonight was a workday that went real smooth and when i got home i did some productive work on the computer until my eyes started to burn and then i noticed it was already 1:17 and i thought it would be sweet going for last-call.
i rode my bike the short distance to the bar FKA 'dempsey's oasis' and sat down with wasco & heavy p and all was well until a couple very drunk chicks sat right down right next to me and start saying 'hey, you look like nick lachey', i don't know who nick lachay is and actually thought she said 'rick o'shea' that i know neither.
anyway wasco asks 'whos nick lachey?'. 'jessica simpsons ex-boyfriend' was the immediate answer from one of the girls and they continued to press me on this and demand for me to take off my wool skullcap which i refused and then left the table.

when i got home i received the below email from shawn of the band 'child bite':
Subject: lou...

where are our pics? i looked on your site. did they turn out bad? we
can try to be prettier next time.

shawn


i actually like that band after seeing them twice but did not wanna hear demands at this part of the morning after my previous experience earlier.

so my point is: am i wrong to be intolerant and/or insensitive after a long days work? on the evenings i have off i don't notice disrespect as often or maybe i'm less tense and i easily ignore bad vibes on those glorious off days?

thanks for your understanding.

ps: previous post has been sent to draft for consideration of like minds. thanks for the kudos adam.

1 Comments:

Blogger Adam Harvey said...

I'd be salty too after someone called me Nick Lachey.

5:54 PM, January 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home